has anyone ever tried an herbal remedy to get a delayed period to come on?

my periods has decided to go MIA....I have not had my period in 6 1/2 months... because have PCOS... yeah- fun, fun! I tried Metformin but I couldnt take it, because the horrible side effects were not worth it

anyways... I was reading online about all sorts of different herbs that can help bring on your period and was wondering if anyone has ever tried the PARSLEY TEA or Vitamin C
method?

Did it work? What were the side effects you had? How long did it take to work?

(I am not pregnant... 100% sure becuase I just went to my OBGYN.. but I am going to take a test before I try any of these remedies... jsut wanted to know how it went for anyone else first)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I started using Vitex to regulate my periods after someone suggested it to me. I took about a full month of it but it did help me out alot
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Parsley tea worked for me. I steeped fresh parsley in boiling water for 10 minutes (I made a whole pot of it - about 6 cups worth). I drank that throughout the day, all day (and it did NOT taste good, even with a little honey in it). My period came on strong the next morning. No side effects at all. Good luck! I hope it works!
    Anonymous

• Beets will do it too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010