Do you sweat more since having kids?

When I was younger, I hardly sweated at all. I was a cheerleader in college and could run 4 miles and then practice 3 hours and barely break a sweat. Since having my kids I feel so gross! Its mostly just under my arms but I cant seem to make it stop. I have tried every kind of deoderant and prescription strength. I shower twice a day, but it has gotten to where I have to choose my tops based on if they will show sweat or not. Then I cant wear them more than a few months because they start to smell under the arms no matter how much I wash them. I am a busy, working mom of two and dont want to worry about sweating all day. Did this happen to anyone else after having kids? Is there anything that will help??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• Yes but it feels like my body operates at a higher temp now too
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's the hormones. Talk to your gyn.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Not enough to notice, have you tried using a stain spray on your shirts? I use oxiclean and a stain remover spray and they last long.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I do majorly! I never had to wear deodorant until I got pregnant the first time and it's never ended. I'm always hot now and I sweat a lot more!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Dr Oz says sweating is a sign of a healthy body.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• for my last two pregnancies i have underarm bo when i am breastfeeding. as soon as i stop breastfeeding, the odor goes away. so i agree, it could be hormones!
    i use burts bees baby powder (corn starch basically). my husband uses this stuff from trader joes that has actual cotton in it for absorption.
    i heard that deodorant and antiperspirant should be applied on dry skin, ie not after a shower.
    i also just heard that antperspirant works by causing the sweat glands to swell, not allowing the sweat to exit.
    the sweat is made by your body to cool you down...so what happens when the sweat can't be released? just something to think about!
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I do. I get hot a lot easier too.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010