IS MY BABY'S SIZE NORMAL?

I WENT TO GET MY 20WK ULTRASOUND AND WAS TOLD THAT MY BABY'S HEAD WAS MEASURING SMALLER THAN NORMAL. WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS MEAN, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ?

camarena101208

Asked by camarena101208 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• just means its measuring smaller no reason to be concerned:) instead be thankful lol smaller head is better at birth lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 6:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• don't worry!
    dr's just measure stuff, and when things don't fit in their average box, they mention it. if there is one thing dr's so not understand it is growth!!!!
    they will continue to monitor your baby
    i am sure your baby will be born just perfect!!!
    congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It is just measuring smaller right now... Nothing to be concerned about right now. You are only halfway through your pregnancy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• THANKS FOR REASSURING ME THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY.
    camarena101208

Comment by camarena101208 (original poster) at 6:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Those measurements are just a guideline to make sure things are progressing. My son was measuring normally all through my pregnancy. When he was born, he was in the 25th percentile, then fell to 5th percentile and has been there ever since. He is happy and healthy and perfect. Just small :) Don't worry mama.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ultrasounds are not exact anyway. Throughout my pregnancy with my 2nd I was told that my son had short femurs and humerous bones. Then I was I told that he had IUGR (intrauterine growth retardation). He was born perfectly normal.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. Your baby still has some growing and developing to do. =)
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 6:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• First off ultrasounds are NOT exact in any way and my son was bigger then normal at his 25 week ultrasound and ended up being born at 39 weeks and his head was in the 20% and his weight was 10% and height was 90%. They also told me he would be over 9 lbs if I carried him full term and he was born at 7 lbs 1 oz. I would not worry at all at this point.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• They told me, via information from an ultrasound, that at 39 weeks my son would weigh 10lb 3oz....He was born at 39 weeks 1 day and was 8lb 8oz...Dont listen to them..lol..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010