why

ive been trying to get pregnant with awhile now. i missed my period this month so i called my doctor to get a blood pregnancy test. it came back negative. could it have been wrong and my hcg is just show up yet? i have no idea what to think. i've never missed a period, and i'm not a stressed out person for that to mess with my periods.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• How many weeks late are you? Could be that it was just too early.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Did you get a yes/no test or a quantitive hcg? I think honestly the yes/no blood tests are only a TAD BIT sensitive than a urine test. Your hcg count could be 10 and will still come back with a negative result on those. Maybe it's just too early. Also, I know you may not be a stressed out person, but TTC can be stressful whether you realize it or not, esspecially when you have been trying for a while without succeeding.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sometimes you just miss a period for no reason. I did the same thing before and every test I took was negative. If I remember right, if your hcg level is below 6 it will show as a negative, which could mean you were possibly pregnant and miscarried. I dont know, its been along time since I went through all that.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It depends in how far along you might be. I thought I was pregnant in march and took a bunch of hpt that were negative and even had a blood test that was negative (no period in march). Then in april we tried again and i thought i ovulated so we got a blood test again and I was pregnant. Well it turns out as I found out at my first ultrasound that I got pregnant in march. So it must have been to early to tell the first time. So try to be patient and maybe get another one in a week. Gl.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010