How hard was it to return to work postbaby or become SAHM postbaby?

With my first child I started working when the child turned 11 months. It was hard but I felt I got to see most of his milestones. With my second child I was still working but decided I didn't want to miss her baby milestones so I quit and became SAHM. The missing paycheck was ok in the beginning, hubby took up a prt-time job to replace my full-time one. Being home with both kids was GREAT. I feel like my 2nd child learned a lot from me being home too. A lot of her milestones came sooner than my 1st child's too. Then after the first year and the economic downfall, my hubby no longer had the 2nd job and we were struggling. We still haven't found a 2nd income and things look very bleak. I can't even say we are living paycheck-to-paycheck anymore because we took out loans and its still not enough. In over our heads and have no family to help or anything. I stay depressed and hubby too, we don't know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm so sorry :( Can you start watching kids in your home?
    To answer your original question it was easy for me to return to work post baby. My son was 6 weeks old and since I did childcare he got to come with me :)
    My the time my daughter was born I had quit my job and was a SAHM.
    JasonsMom2007

Answer by JasonsMom2007 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have been on both sides of this.. and i'd have to say going back to work was the hardest. We were flat broke after we had our first and I went back to work 4 weeks after having her. It was so hard leaving her in the care of someone else, even though it was someone I trusted. After having my son, it did feel strange with me NOT working. But so worth it to be home with both of my babies now.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i couldn't wait to go back to work, it was hard for me to stay home i thought i was going to go crazy. i was stuck in the middle of nowhere and couldn't wait to go back and talk to adults.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have not been able to get a job after being a SAHM for so long. We are in the same place really. We are living off of student loans mostly.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010