Is hubby irresponsible if he,,,,

Quick story,,, I'm on light duty for the rest of the day after my doctor's appointment. So hubby is supposed to be taking care of the kids. I wake up to excited kids talking about playing with bubbles. First, my daughter came in with solution on her hands & I tell him to wash her hands since she doesn't like them dirty. My son came running minutes later rubbing his eye saying that it hurts. I call my hubby to get him & wash his face off since I can't lift or walk fast right now. He takes him to the bathroom & gets a wet washcloth to wash his face. By now I've made it to the bathroom, sit my son son on my lap w/ the hand held shower & begin to rinse his eyes & face. Hubby goes & takes the buble machine out of their room. He had left them alone in the room w/ it. Afterwards he apologizes saying that he didn't realize that he solution would be harmful. I'm like are you serious? I don't let them play w/ bubbles unsupervised.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give him a break. Anyone could make that mistake.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh men gotta love them!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 6:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Its bubbles!! Soap and water....sucks that they got it in the eyes, burns like hell...but kids are okay!!! Hes not going to parent exactly like you, youre not the same people!! i wouldnt make a huge deal over it, im sure NOW he sees why you didnt allow them to play with it alone!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• sigh... sometimes husbands are just big kids. they don't always realize what they're doing is NOT appropriate for little ones. my husband is/was/has been the same way, thankfully my kids have survived so far, MY sanity has taken some big hits but i guess i'll survive too. I'm sorry you're having a hard time, alot of guys find it easier to 'parent' if their wives tell them exactly everything to do/not do, try that :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No big deal. Everyone makes mistakes... especially daddy's LOL. They just don't think of things in the same way we do. And if you are usually the one taking care of them, they just don't know these kinds of things. Try to just let go and let your husband figure things out rather than run the home from bed.... he'll figure it our soon enough... but if he's worried that you'll get and at him he'll be afraid to even try.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Some people dont' realize that.
    He knows better now and the kids are taken care of.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That sounds like something my hubby would do...he is a smart guy and great dad, but he just doesn't think things through the way I do. I try really hard to be patient. It's not always easy. And he is really good at things I am not, like rough-housing and being silly. Take a deep breath mama, it usually works for me. But I still want to kill him regularly when he does dumb stuff like this!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That sounds like something mine would have done. Hes great with him, he just doesnt think..lol..I try not to get mad at him.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• In my opinion, Mothers are more aware than the dads, but we all make mistakes. I remember when my daughter's father went to sleep when she was 6 months while I was at school. I came back home to find her covered in her own poop!!
    I wouldn't say he was irresponsible, but just remind him on how dangerous it is and how the kids can get it in their eyes.
    my_jasnkiki

Answer by my_jasnkiki at 8:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I understand your frustration. I believe it is common sense to know that bubbles are an outside toy only, especially with young kids. My fianance would probably do the same thing but you have to understand that as mad as you are you have to take a breather and realize that he honestly did not know. Guys usually need things spelled out to them. My fianance wondered why I was ticked off when he give our 20 month old a cookie 2 mintues before he went to bed. But the good thing is that he knows now not to let them play with the bubbles alone and feel secure that won't happen again.
    GuardianAngel27

Answer by GuardianAngel27 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010