Drive Time?

Does anyone know anything about Drive Time? I'm going to have to get rid of my car and drive time claims they work with people in my situation. I've tried every angle to save my car but things are so tight I'm barely able to get groceries. I do need a car obviously but can't afford the high payments. I can't refinance unless I give the bank $3000 then they can refinance but who the heck has that? So my next option would be to give up the car I have now and try something like drive time but I don't know anything about it.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Nope Sorry
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i knew of one person who went through drive time and they worked with her but charged OUTRAGEOUS interest and she ended up having to give the car back. it may end up costing you more than trying to keep your current car.... if you want to know exactly what they will do go up there and make them give you the financial rundown - not a promise but real paperwork - just don't sign anything!! if you have credit cards and the interest is lower than, say, drivetime, put partial payments on them on your current car if it makes sense to do so. i got a good deal on a car at a second chance lot - high interest but cheaper than drive time... also, i got a fantastic deal on a car on eBay five years ago - i paid $2500 cash for a car i still drive. eBay can help you find financing too. another option might be sell your car, pay the bank off and buy used for cash...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I've never heard of drive time. What is it?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• For $3000 you can get a used car that will last at least a year.

Is there public transit where you live? What about spending a couple of hundred dollars on a good bicycle?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• I would go to a smaller dealership and she about trading in... That's pretty much what you are doing you are going to bring car A which is worth X amount of dollars they are going to pay the loan off for you and add the difference of the cost of the loan and the value of the car onto car B which is going to be a lesser valued vehicle priced high because of the old loan... Research it first and don't feel pressured to make a decision without exploring your options first.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 4:03 PM on Jul. 30, 2010