any tricks or trades or secrets to know

hi there my husband has been home with my 3 yr old daughter for the last year and half. during that time i was working alot but being involved when i got home. i will now be full time if you will mom... any secrets or food for thought about hanging out with a very busy 4 yr old???
thanks,
cristyn

cristyn

Asked by cristyn at 6:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Be patient and get some books from your local library or book store.
    As your parents or her Grandparents They are very very good sorces
    As your Husband he sounds like a mountain of knowledge.
    Your child will be going to school soon so enjoy this time you are spend with her.
    Go for a drive, walk, or to the park.
    Go get some ice cream with your daughter.
    At 4 they just want to be your best friend and they forget about the rest of the world.
    Walk around the Mall or Metroplex if you have one.
    Watch a good movie have some pop corn.
    Talk about family.
    They will help you out.
    You are past all the bad crap with the tereable twos you are in the awesome 4's.
    Read a book to her.
    Cook with her make some Cookies and teach her how to cook. My kids love kitchen time.
    Take a nap or cuddle with your child they open up in bed sometimes.
    Go to Grandma's or Grandpa's
    Walmart or Target is another great place t
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Take regular time outs for snacks/water. Try to make it outside for atleast 1 hour everday (except in cases of extreme heat, cold, wind, rain, etc). I have tons of preschool activities--internet resources, books, classes, etc). Give me some time and I can message you some, if you like. Can you tell me more about your daughter-what interests her?

Hope I can help!
    Miss_Kay

Answer by Miss_Kay at 6:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• For sure talk to your husband and ask him to describe a typical day or week at home. You're going to do just fine!
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• She is your DD, this will be easy. Your a girl, she's a girl, do girly things together. Def ask hubby what a typical day was like for them, but make your own schedule eventually....you will do great.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:12 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• thank you all so much for your help... i think we will be just fine.. the main part is she is only 4.. enjoy and let the day go as it will.... get rid of the schedule and realize the floors will be dirty tommorrow.... thanks for all your input...
    cristyn

Comment by cristyn (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Jul. 31, 2010