My husband smokes pot and I drink....

Sometimes I think we are avoiding what we don't like about our relationship. Do you thing it's OK to get a little buzzed from time to time? That things aren't going to be happy everyday in a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No, i would never risk doing something so stupid that could have my kids taken away! JMO
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• as long as its not getting out of control or putting your children at risk then its ok. but maybe you should consider counseling, or really sitting down and talking about why you need to 'avoid' things in your relationship. Wouldnt it be more fun if you got 'buzzed' with your husband and had a good time together? (provided the kids were watched by a sober adult of course ;-) )
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No, I think avoidance using chemicals is juvenile and irresponsible.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• agree with first poster
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 6:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• nope i do not think it is ok....a drink here and there fine. but drugs is a no no...i am anti drugs and alchohol...that is for myself. BUT i think if you want a drink from time to time as long as you do it responsibly that is ok. but the dope has got to go. IMO....also avoiding any conflict of issue in a relationship only allows it to build and fester. and before you know it you have what used to be a little nit picky thing that is now a huge problem. nip things in the bud before they get bad. it is far better to face your problems head on than to run or hide or mask them.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Do your still have custody of your children? Honestly its not ok to exposing your children to pot and to your drinking your showing that it is ok.. I grew up with my dad and mom being a drunk ( before she passed) after they lost my little sister and now all my siblings are addicted somethings.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 6:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have friends who smoke pot & some that drink & they are all parents. One of my friends i was SHOCKED when i found out she smoked regularly. She is a highschool teacher, totally preppy & very well off. They just did not look like the type to smoke weed at all! Anyhow, i have to say they are wonderful parents. I cannot pass any judgement on them because they did/do a womderful job with their kids. My DH drinks a few beers a night. I don't find it a problem. He doesn't get SMASHED & he is very healthy. I also have a friend who just had a baby & started smoking pot again. she is cool...i can't pass jusdgment on her either. She is a wonderful mother.

anyhow, i don't see a problem with it unless parents are getting messed up in front of their kids, at least wait for bedtime. I don't think pot is a big deal, but anything harder than that would worry me. Everyone has their vice....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's fine as long as it's not interfering with your parenting. Only you can truly make the decision of whether or not you're being a good parent.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 6:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My niece was the same, now they are divorced. And she does not have to drink anymore.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 6:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i think it's totally fine to get buzzed from time to time. as long as you are not using in order to avoid problems or responsibilities... however, the fact that you ask the question this way leads me to believe that YOU think one or both of you is avoiding one or both and you are the only one who truly knows the answer if you are honest with yourself.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010