Swollen feet!!

Ah my feet our swollen and the shoes I just got don't fit. how did your handle this when does the swelling go down? I am 19 weeks pregnant and never got swollen until the end of my pregnancy( 33 weeks) when my BP started going up...

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 6:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My feet didn't start getting swollen till near the end with my first. I'm 26w pregnant now and they're not swollen. Maybe you have bigger issues? Too much salt intake? GD? I'm not sure mama. You need to talk to your OB because being swollen that soon doesn't seem right.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 6:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I talked to them about it and I went in to an earlier appointment and all the test ran came back normal... So not sure why it is happening
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I got pretty bloated too. I wore flip flops and bedroom slippers for months. My feet were back to normal by the time I got home from the hospital.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I actually couldn't wear my regular shoes. My foot size got larger during pregnancy. But that changed again, after pregnancy.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Try elevating your feet when possible. I put mine in a foot bath with hot water and that helped mine feel tons better.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 6:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i was so swollen dude!! they tested me so many times for preeclampsia.. but i just had a lot of water retention for whatever reason..

i was swollen from my thighs to my ankles, and my arms hands face neck everything it was ridiculous i even walked funny because it was like i was walking on a ball..... my feet would get little "tears" in them lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Elevate your feet and try to relax more if your on your feet a lot.
    Danielle55

Answer by Danielle55 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This has never happened to me but my sister actually had this happen twice...Come to find out she had preeclamsia.But the docs are obviously very professional there's no reason to stress.
    firstimemom816

Answer by firstimemom816 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• keep your feet elevated it may go away just try to relax. I dont want to ginx you an tell you its something. Im saying if your doc said your fine have a healthy pregnancy
    pilan16

Answer by pilan16 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2010