Live in an area that has Hurricane season or be in an area that is Earthquake -prone?

adakbride

Asked by adakbride at 6:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in

• i live in the 'ring of fire' in the northwest lol...biggest earthquake i ahve been in was a 6.8 and i was in high school scared the shit outta me lol...but i dunno never been in a hurricane.
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Hurricane season - at least you get a notice that something is coming, unlike tornado alley where I live now.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Hurricane season. The devil I know is better than the devil I don't know. : )
    hidingfromkids

Answer by hidingfromkids at 7:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Neither, i'll stick to our blizzards once in awhile though ;-)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Hurricane, at least you get a warning
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 6:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I grew up in earthquake country, and now live in hurricane country! So my choice is hurricanes by a mile. Why? You get days if not weeks of notice, and you can evacuate! What notice do you get of an earthquake? None! I would definitely choose a few days of notice, and time to prepare my house and leave over bam! Your house is shaking and falling apart with you in it. :0)
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Earthquakes 100%! Hurricanes scare me to death, probably because I've never been on one. But earthquakes are no big deal and are often over just as you are realizing you are having one. No biggie :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'll stay in WI thank-you! I'll stick to an occastional blizard.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This is a good question to ponder...... HHHHHMMMMMM, I think Im doing ok right here in the heat of NE Louisiana... We just usually get all the rain that the hurricanes leave behind!!!!
    kweldon

Answer by kweldon at 6:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, here in the Midwest we usually have neither. However if we do get an earthquake it has the ability to cover a much larger area and be much more devastating than it would out west.
    Starchild84

Answer by Starchild84 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010