SOME illegals have decided to do anything for their family, what makes us so different?

I asked would you do anything for your family and most people agreed they would, illegal or not. I am not saying it is OK what some are doing but I understand the intention behInd it. Please don't assume anything about my beliefs or knowledge of this subject just like I won't do for you. Take this question for what it is. So why don't we have compassion for the illegals that are doin exactly the same thing that we claim we would do for our own.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 6:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ohhh good grief.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• absolutely nothing...many women on here want to say I would do anything for my family- unless it's illegal, I doubt it. If you could give your family a better life I think they would do ANYTHING illegal or not.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• But, the people I personally know who are illegal aren't here for their family. They have a home and work in Mexico. One guy came on a bet. He has been deported and came back through the revolving door we call a border. To say illegals are here for their families is a huge generalization. Some may be, but all aren't.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Why? FOR THE GOOD OF MY FAMILY! These illegals are taking so much from us! Are you one of those rich people who doesn't have to wonder how you are going to afford the next meal for your child? Do you wonder when you can qualify for a job that pays more than min wage? They might be wondering the same thing but they're breaking the law to do it! I guess stealing isn't such a crime anymore. I guess the law shouldn't be upheld because "those poor people!" Look inside your own country before you try to save the rest of the world! Should we be breaking the law as well then?
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Jesse If you notice I wrote "some" in all caps to make sure everyone saw that I didn't not generalize them as a whole because it isn't. Some are here just for no reason and are bad people but so are americans...

Let's also remember that mexicans are not the only illegals. (this is not directed toward anyone)
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• DID AN ILLEGAL COST ME ONE CENT OF TAX MONEY SINCE THEY'VE FRIGGIN BEEN HERE??????????????????????????

They DID NOT have my permission!

They STOLE from me!

If you can't provide for your offspring WITHOUT stealing, GO BACK TO MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T HAVE OFFSPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• 07lilmama your post is riddled with assumptions about me and my thought process when I specifically asked to see the question for what it is. BTW your assumptions are untrue. I am not looking for personal attacks

I again did mention in my post that I do not agree with everything but I understand the intention behind it for some. There's no need to go to the extreme and say we should throw out all laws pertaining to stealing. I'm talking about there reason behind it for some not all
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We didn't take your azz to raise!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If a homeless person breaks into my house and decides it's better than his box and he needs it, I'm still going to call the police and kick him out.

does he need a home? Obviously. Do I have any idea if he's a good person or not? No. He might be an ax murderer.

But we have a right to decide who we let into our home. Or our country.

I wonder how many other countries have such guilty feelings about enforcing their immigration laws.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Here's the thing...Lets use STEALING as an example. My family is STARVING so I STEAL food so they can eat. I do this with the full knowledge that IF I get caught I will GO to JAIL. BUT the consequences are worth it so my family can eat...right? Thats the argument you are going with. The same thing goes...fine you want to sneak over the border and commit an illegal act...then YOU need to know that IF you get CAUGHT or turned in or are in any way found out you HGAVE to except the consequences. You cant pick and choose which laws to follow in everyday life and they cant EITHER.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010