I took my 4 year old to the bathtub and left..

My 1 year old in her booster seat buckled in. With a couple crayons and some paper when I came back she was covered in sharpie.. I guess her big sister was using in on the table and I didn't see it...I already bathed her in dish soap any other ideas how to get off and nothing that can hurt her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try baby oil
    vampiremommy1

Answer by vampiremommy1 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sharpie just kinda wears off on its own. She'll be back to normal in a few days. You could try baby wipes for the super-obvious marks.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i agree... try baby oil in the tub..... let it soak in for a little bit
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know how to get it off, but take pictures!!!! lol
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oooohhhh Sharpie, yuck! Obviously you aren't gonna wanna use some of these but:
    Hand sanitizer works really well to get it off. Just squirt a dab on the permanent marker spot and rub away gently with a tissue.

Use rubbing alcohol on cotton ball or cloth and rub it on the skin. The ink will come to the surface and you can wash it off.

Hairspray also does a pretty good job of removing permanent marker from skin. Just spray liberally on the area, rub it a little, and wash your hands with soap and water before the hairspray dries.

Fingernail polish remover on a cotton ball or paper towel.

Try sunscreen lotion. This is what swimmers use at meets!

Rub a bit of tea tree oil on the spot. Be careful not to rub your eyes as the tea tree oil will cause a burning sensation.

Dip a Paper Towel into real butter and gently rub onto the marked skin. the Key is to use the butter to lift the ink and the paper towel to abs
    Liz30355

Answer by Liz30355 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• lol- Sorry but this was actually pretty funny! I would have LOVED to see that!! Sounds like something my kids would have done to me =-)
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my kids do it all the time. my middle is the worst. it goes away after three days. markers are just as bad. it's a kid thing! i have a pigpen, she'll get out of the tub and no kiding, five minutes later filthy!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Rubbing alcohol.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• windex on a washcloth.
    KristeenieB

Answer by KristeenieB at 11:11 PM on Jul. 31, 2010