• In the Spotlight:

I'm Not going to vote in the presidential election......

GOTCHA of course I"ll vote.... but my husband did have a great line about voting... he said, "I don't just vote... I elect"!

Good morning my politically minded friends. I just want to take a moment and say thank you to all the moms who pay attention during elections. And since all these posts need to be in question form... here's my question: Are you and your spouse/SO voting the same? Are there some who are voting opposites, and if so, do you have mini-debates about your personal choice for your vote? Or and a great one..... who talks back to the candidates during their debates?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 9:15 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Breathe....
    I almost yelled at you! Thank goodness you are voting.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:42 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband isn't registered to vote because he doesn't want JURY DUTY! SOOOO, I refuse to discuss anything related to politics with him.Note vote no say...
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband doesn't vote because he says it doesn't really matter what we say... The president is already chosen they just go through all this to make it look legit...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Hey Sabrina wouldn't it be freaky if he was right? LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:33 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My boyfriend isn't from this country, so of course he's not registered =] He hates the fact that he isn't, though, I almost feel guilty because he's SO much more interested in politics than I am. But we do have very similar views. If he could vote, we would vote for the same person. And being that he's not from this country, it doesn't take a genius to guess who we support ;D

And I talk back to the candidates during debates, lmaoo!! If I hear something stupid I'll go "OH MY GAWD FREAKING STUPID IDIOT" and I'll go off on them. Hilarious.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:35 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• LOL NJmommy..... you're funny.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:50 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I admit it...I TALK BACK TO THE CANDIDATES DURING A DEBATE...lol...is there a 12 step program for that!?
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 10:04 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband and I will both vote the same.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 10:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Oh, I forgot to answer the questions! LOL See what you did to me?

I forced my hubby to register to vote this year. We do have mini debates but it is because he wants to know why he should vote my way. He will if I have to push the buttons myself. LOL

I yell at my tv during the debates, speeches and the news. I yell at my computer when articles are stretching the truth or if I see people voting because of gender or race or only because of the candidates stand on abortion.

COME ON PEOPLE!! THERE ARE MUCH BIGGER ISSUES OUT THERE! (See I'm doing it again)

I am very passionate about this campaign. Everyone needs to stop reading the rumors, stop listening to biased opinions and research the FACTS!! They are all out there. Do not listen to others and turn off the news!!

VENT OVER. :o)
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 10:28 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My husband and I are voting similarly. However, all the other couples in my family are at odds.

YES I talk back in the debates! And, my dad and I keep pausing them on Tivo to talk about what they just said...how that's going to help, how that's going to hurt, how completely inane that was. That's interesting, because he and I are voting differently.
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 10:48 AM on Oct. 3, 2008