Do you and your husband but heads when it comes to the children?

Do you guys butt heads when it comes to the kids? I sometimes feel he is putting me down when i'm the one doing all the work while he is out and about.

PageKing

Asked by PageKing at 7:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• We don't always agree on how to punish our DD and that causes problems between us sometimes.

Good luck!
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We dissagree sometimes but put up a united front to Kyra and wait until she's out of the room to discuss it and come to an agreement.
    Good luck :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yeah we sometimes disagree on discipline methods, or bedtimes, etc. I think that's pretty normal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My husband and I both brought three kids into the marriage. They were older already, except for my 14yrold dd. I would never be still married to my DH if we had kids together!! We parent way differently. But luckily I don't really have to face those challanges too much, just an occasional blip.
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• we disagree about alot of things with the kids, esp our 12yr old son hes very soft hearted so my dh is kinda hard on him and im always tellin him to let up and chill out with him.
    sherri79

Answer by sherri79 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Almost always! Somehow we eventually compromise.

He's the tough ex-military dad. Too tough in my opinion.

I however admit I often times don't follow through for sheer sanity reasons. I also came from a pretty physically strict childhood and promised I would parent differently.

~Scout
    ScoutsHonorHMR

Answer by ScoutsHonorHMR at 8:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We disagree all the time. He thinks that they should be disciplined for everything they do wrong.......me?, I pick my battles and discipline them for the things that really matter, not the little things like spilling juice on the floor or accidentally breaking something.

colethky

Answer by colethky at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Oh ya.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• We do. He spanks, I don't believe in it. And before anyone says it, we DID discuss it prior to marriage and 9 years before babies. But it seems that we still have this same argument. There are a few more, but none as frequent as this.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 29, 2010