Spanking?

For those that do use spanking how often do you actually do it and for what reasons? My sister spanks almost every day for the smallest things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I spank when absolutely necessary. Getting into something dangerous, when she's just being a total pill that day and nothing else seems to be working. I don't spank often. Thankfully time out usually does the trick.
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 7:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It's a last resort for the major things. She's 5 1/2 and has had one spanking in her life over 2 years ago.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We also only spank as a last resort, and only if she is going something dangerous. My DD minds incredibly well, though, so that definitely helps.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• no i think spanking doesnt work all the time.... i dont personally do it, but am not totally against it either.... i think maybe when theyre older, if mykids did something really bad,(cant think of a reason yet..) maybe i would do it.... taking the tv away or just plain time out works best for me right now...,.
    SQ13

Answer by SQ13 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I feel sorry for her kids. I don't spank, never had to. I always took rights away & that has always worked like a charm & she also learns from it. My DD is extremely well behaved.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My poor DD get spanked well, popped on the leg-lightly(it hurts her feelings) ll day long! Time out just doesn't work. She will put herself in time out when she doesn't want to do something.
    Me: take your palte to the sink
    Her: NO! I GO TO TIMEOUT ::stomping over to the steps::

yeah...not really getting anything out of that.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ds is almost never spanked time out and loss of privileges works well for him.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010