Anyone want to share their birth story?

I'm alone and a bit bored, LOL, and I LOOVE reading everyone's birth stories on here. If you don't mind, will you post a link to your journal below (or PM me) so I can read it?? Or if your profile is open, just tell me and I can go find it.

:-)

Thanks!!

FatGirl239

Asked by FatGirl239 at 7:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 22 hours of labor, preecycampsia, passed meconium, then an emergency c section, woke up 2 days later, still fat, pissed, 7 days in NICU thanks to a FALSE positive on Syphillas test that a stupid resident messed up, Threatened to steal my child from the hospital. Left pissed.

Cute kid, hated my birth.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 1:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• MY birth story? Or my three kids' births? LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't remember mine. Evidently neither does my mom - she was out cold. That is the way they did it back then.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you mean my personal birth I was a c-section so my Mom was sleeping. If you mean my child. Well it's not something you wanna hear! They refused to give me an epidural! finally when I was 8cm dilated they gave me one and I had the baby like 30minutes later. IDIOTS! THEN the nurse told me to stand up and go to the bathroom. Yeah well I had just had an epidural and my legs were numb... I fell into the heartbeat monitor and tore my back open! I tore really bad during birth and had to get 42 stitches... WHen I fell it all opened back up and I had to get restitched!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 7:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well....i guess i can talk about it now, somehow its easier to share with strangers than people i know IRL :P
    My son was born at home, in the toilet... Yeah, i had never had a "natural labor" before and i KNEW i was having contractions but they didn't feel that regular and were still about 10-15min apart. PLUS it was 4am and i didn't want to wake my dh or my dd's so i was just waiting it out and trying to time em and keep track and finally i decided to go take a shower and then was gonna wake up my dh to go to the hospital. i didn't know that taking a shower would relax me enough to bring on labor! i got out and had a HUGE major contraction and was screaming for my DH and had to go wake him up and as he was getting dressed and calling his parents to come stay with our dd's i had another one and felt the 'push' feeling so i sat on the toilet and out popped my son! it was the scariest thing i've ever done to be honest (cont)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• All I can remember that it HURT like HECK!

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• and having to call 911 and an ambulance show up at 5am and wake all the neighbors wasn't the best thing either. It was funny though that the whole town had heard about it the next day from the cops/ambulance over the radio, the dad who delivered his kid at home... yeah HE didn't do any work he just pulled our son out of the toilet and wrapped him in a towel then called 911. I was too busy freaking OUT! :P lol, well at least i can laugh about it now, and i was born sort of unexpectedly and without doctors help too so my son is named after me :D (at least my mom was in the hospital when i popped out though!)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 7:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well, dh and i found out i was pregnant so he joined the army. I flew to the duty station at 36 weeks. We had no stuff, it took a weekto get a car. I started getting contractions so dh drove me to the er. I was 3 cm dialated and not having strong enough contractions. They were about to send me home when a nurse said it didn't look like dd had dropped! I didn't look like I was in labor. They did an ultrasound and found dd was breech, her head was in my ribs plus I had no amniotic fluid! They gave me meds to stop contractions which were too much for how little I was and I was really drugged! Of course, contractions got harder and my water broke! I dialated to a 6 immediately and the nurses felt her butt. I was immediately rushed in for an emergency c. Dh was watching and kept asking if it hurt (lol). They pulled her out and her legs were behind her head plus she was facing my back! 6lbs, 4 oz.... Born at 38 weeks!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• hi i love birth storys aswell! this is how my birth story went, my son who is actually a twin was overdue, i nearly gave birth to him eight weeks before his due date and i was slightly dilated, i wasn't told how much,just that the cervix was slightly open and was kept in overnight and given something for the pains i was getting and the drug that gets given to mature babys lungs, can't
    t remember the name of it, anyway the labour stopped, i then got to his due date the fourth of december 2008 and really thought this is it because i kept getting the same pains as before with slight cramping but his day passed. i had a feeling i'd go overdue again just as i did with my two daughters, the oldest whos nearly 23 and the youngest nearly 17. i was induced with both my daughters and had a horrid feeling i'd definatley be enduring the same painfull expertance for the third time! had set out a birth plan way ahead an epidural!
    .
    kat878

Answer by kat878 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Okay, so my Mom went to the hospital about noon with cramps. By 3:35 that afternoon, I was born. We have easy births in my family.
    My three kids were born vaginally but I had a spinal block with my first. After that I decided I would never again do it that way. :-) My second baby was born after just a few hours of labor. No drugs. I got to the hospital at 8:15 PM and she was born at 9:27PM. My third labor was a few hours longer because his head was turned the wrong way and they had to use forceps. They didn't have the vacuum yet...it was 1971,in an Air Force hospital. I had no anesthetic or pain meds. I had good experiences!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010