is this a form of diaper rash or something I should be worried about?

My son is 7 months old and NEVER had a diaper rash. I keep his little butt clean and sanitary all the time. I noticed a few days ago a few bumps on his bum. Today I noticed they had spread to his shmeckle too. Why are they spreading when I wipe him up good and powder him? Is it even a diaper rash? Could it be possible heat rash in his diaper?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 7:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol! Shmeckle! Sounds more like heat rash

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• haha Ive never liked the words "peepee, weewee, weiner...etc" So I opted for Shmeckle or just plain ol' penis hehe. THanks that makes me feel better! I'll still keep an eye on it though
    firethearson

Comment by firethearson (original poster) at 7:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• to a concern parent,maybe his alergic to something,like a diffrent kind of baby, or pampers or a powder too.have you try corn starch,or theirs a product called baby rash, at a place called Seagate Products.com or called 1-888-505-4283 im sure one of those will help your child. good luck!
    iforgotit

Answer by iforgotit at 8:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Heat rash is possible. Also, it is possible for a very well cared for baby to get a diaper rash. My daughter got her first rash around that age, and it was a yeast infection. She also got one recently when she had diarhea, even though we changed her constantly.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 11:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010