Has anyone taken estrogen to help them out with any women problems? adult content

My hubby wants to get me estrogen to help out my lack of a sex drive. When we looked up the side effects and theres a lot... one being that my periods would get heavier and longer. He likes the idea about the increased sex drive and increased bust size. I would just like to know if anyone has taken estrogen and what were your side effects?

MyAngelNick06

Asked by MyAngelNick06 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• ?? I thought testosterone was for increasing your sex drive,and estrogen was for menopause???

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• How about you tell him that if he works to boost your sex drive, then you won't have to take the hormones. Remind him that women are turned on long before the sex happens. If he wants more sex, he needs to get you in the mood. Now with that being said, you have to be open to having more sex.

I personally wouldn't take extra estrogen to increase sex drive.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Testosterone is what you need for lidio. 

I've taken estrogen for menopausal symptoms.  I didn't have any side effects but it didn't help my existing symptoms either, so I stopped taking it after 4 months. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Crap!  That should be "libido". 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• testosterone is what increases your sex drive. Maybe dh needs to spend more time focused on you and giving you attention. Not everything can be cured with a pill. But, if you are really concerned about it, go see your doc.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 1:05 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I would talk to your doctor before trying anything. But like the other moms here I thought testosterone is for libido too....
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 29, 2010