Why do Obama supporters keep repeating this?

Why do Obama supporters keep saying that Palin is a heartbeat away from the presidency with no experience? If that is the case then Obama is even closer to the presidency with no experience. How can they harp on experience when they are basically equal in their lack of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• think of it this way---i would rather have a Vice-President with no experience than a President with no experience!!!!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• because they are broken records and have nothing really to bash with so they try to pick on stupid things and thats what it al is just stupidity ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• good question..i was honestly trying to come up with a comeback because im an obama supporter...but really i don't have one...the problem i have with pailin is it seems that she doesn't know what she's talking about, maybe im wrong, maybe im right. but i've decided not to vote anyway because i think they are basically tied.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Well, we're getting experience and inexperience with both parties.... I trust Palin more; and I respect McCain more. I'm not saying that if Obama were president that I wouldn' t support him.... if he is then I will... and the same goes for the other camp... Experience certainly helps, but I have to agree with Biden; ideology makes a difference. The person can have all the 'necessary qualifications' but have the wrong ideology and that makes them 'not so good in that office' .... I guess I agree better with McPalin's ideology... of course I don't agree with everything from McPalin, but I agree more than with Joebama.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:40 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• if they are basically tied then your vote matters even more.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 9:41 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Obama does have more experience in the type of politics and negotiating that goes on in Washington DC. Palin has not been in that situation so doesn't have that type of experience or training in how to cope with foreign diplomats. Both are fresh into this race, and have little experience, but when comparing the two , Obama has more of the experience needed to do this job.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• that phrase has been used since Lincoln's time, for both parties. and it is true. Unfortunately this applies to any President, black or white, young or old, Kennedy was not old, nor black, Lincoln was loved and still was assasinated. There are numerous daily threats on a President's life, more real than any health problem a President could be facing. Cheney has had how many heart problems and his old butt is still running around. The U.S. is not going to let a President die due to health problems than can be treated, and McCain's MOTHER is still driving and taking care of herself. Bob Dole was told by haters he was too old, guess what, He is still here. Taking Viagra!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:10 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• If Palin had more experience outside of Alaska. It would paint a different picture but even in the debate last night she spoke of everything she did in Alaska. Obama has had more experience other than one state.  Now that isn't to say that Ms Palin would never be qualified because she is on the right track from what I see but at this stage I personally, don't find she is any more qualified to VP than anyone that thinks Obama is qualified to be President.

Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I have to agree with this answer
    "Experience certainly helps, but I have to agree with Biden; ideology makes a difference. The person can have all the 'necessary qualifications' but have the wrong ideology and that makes them 'not so good in that office' .... "

I agree more with the Obama ideaology.
    littleangelkiss

Answer by littleangelkiss at 10:47 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• What she said ^.

McCain can get things done? Whoop-de-doo. The things he wants to get done are not things I WANT done.
    BigMommaJesca

Answer by BigMommaJesca at 10:52 AM on Oct. 3, 2008