Have you even left an anonymous, judgmental, negative or nasty comment on a blog which you would never, ever would say to the writer or anybody in person?

I've seen a lot of nastiness written in comments lately (not necessarily my own blog) and wonder about the people who write really negative views under a veil of anonymity especially when it comes to judging other parents' parenting decisions and styles. Do they feel so strongly that they would they say the same to someone on the street? Or do they take pleasure in riling people up. I am wondering since I am doing research for an upcoming post on my blog http://unitedstatesofmotherhood.com . I look forward to hearing the results...and no worries, you can comment anonymously if you want.

~Scout

ScoutsHonorHMR

Asked by ScoutsHonorHMR at 7:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope. I don't say anything online, either anon or under my SN that I wouldn't say to a person's face.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Absolutely not. Regardless of who else knows what we do it is a reflection of our character.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No. Because I think that my conscious will hunt me forever.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I only use the anon feature to ask a question if I'm embarrassed or something. I don't use it to answer or comment though. If I don't have the balls to say it with my name showing, I don't think I have the right to say anything at all.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No, if I have something to say that in disagreement or negative in any way, I try to have the balls to say it while showing my "face" (or screen name).
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nope. I'm capable of expressing my opinion without being judgmental or nasty about it. And I wouldn't say something online that I wouldn't say to your face, I hate people that are like that.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't speak in a cruel way either in person or online. I know at least one person who prides herself on speaking her mind, but I prefer kindness if I possibly can.

Answer by Bmat at 9:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Nope. I'm always a bitch... But I always own up to it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No. I might be nasty if I am in bad mood but I would say they same either way.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2010