Do I let her sleep or do I wake her?

26 mo old DD and I just got into it a little while ago because she was hungry and ALL she asks for lately is junk & I was refusing. I got her to agree on some broccoli so I pulled out her pasta con broccoli that she didn't eat from the other night and in the 30 seconds it took to heat it up she decided she wasn't hungry anymore. I sat her down and put it in front of her and she MELTED DOWN. I let her go for a few minutes then I told her to stop it, she can't have any snacks until she eats her dinner. She was crying so I went in and rocked her for a bit and she fell asleep. It is 6:45 here and VERY late for her nap. She doesn't usually take a nap anymore. She normally goes to bed about 8:30. I just tried to wake her and she opened her eyes & then they just closed again. She's OUT.
Do I let her go or do I really try to wake her? I don't want her going to bed at 10pm, I'm tired too!! When she DOES take naps it's usually 2 hrs!

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She needs the ZZZs. Just let her sleep and she will probably go through the night.
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 7:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I'd let her sleep.
    daisy975

Answer by daisy975 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oops just realized i posted in wrong category. sry!
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That is a tough decision. I have let mine sleep and they made it all night, but they have woke up too and never wanted to sleep. When this happens they still must go to bed. If she has had a poor diet for the past few days it may be that she needs to eat better. I would wake her up and feed her...bu that is just me
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• when my dd does stuff like that i let her sleep. she either wakes up for a little while later or sleeps through the night.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The melt down and wishy-washiness say to me that she probably needs the sleep and waking her would only add to her crankiness.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 9:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thanks all. 3 hours later she's still asleep. I'm just letting her go.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010