Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cheating Children

If your adult child cheated on their spouse and then wanted to move into your home with the person they cheated with would you open your doors to them? While they're still married to their spouse or only after they've completed a divorce? Would them having children with the person they cheated on influence your decision? How long would be the max length of time you'd allow them to stay with you?

At what point during this scenario would they be out of your house, if at all? Son is allowed to move in with Mistress (he's currently married), with her child and the baby they have together, they lost their jobs and just need a place to stay for a "month" or so. Within 2 months, she's pregnant again, he gets a divorce about 10 months after they move in, after 3+ YEARS she's pregnant with a 4th. Over the entire time they work minimally, but even when working are living off you and only spending their earned money on wants.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

Answers (11)
  • I would never support my child in destroying his/her own family. So no, he/she would not be able to move in with me. If he/she decided to cheat then he/she would have to be able to support his/her own decision.

    Answer by colethky at 7:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • They gotten themselves in this situation let them get themselves out. Not in my house.


    Answer by musicmom08 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • My door will always be open to my children. In this case a serious talkin' would go with it.. But the mistress would not be welcome at all.. I wouldnt be catty with her or anything hateful, but just show "this is not ok with me & i wont allow it under my roof"...


    Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • WAY too much drama for me to involve myself in! They made their bed they can lie in it! They're adults & they need to figure it out! What a mess...

    Answer by Nyx7 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • My house will always be open to my kids, but the mistress would not be welcome until legalities have been fixed.

    Answer by older at 8:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • Sorry, but my child will never been allowed to move into my house with a partner they are not married to most especially when they are still married to their spouse!

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

  • um...i would hope i raised them better than to destroy their marriage...they can figure out their own shit

    Answer by pisces_chick89 at 5:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • Well visiting my grandparents with his mistress was what my dad did.He was always employed self supporting own house though.He left my mom several times once for my best friends mom GOOD TIMES ,came back then again with a 'friend' of my mom then back, then gone for good with a different 'friend'.It severely strained my sister and my relationship with our grandparents.I was in grade school and knew what was going on. It was very hard when they visited them with us or without us but with her kids.Pick a mistress it was all the same.So nope my child could come but no mistress till well after the divorce and we would have a chat.My husband as does my BIL know cheating is unacceptable but do it with someone in our circle and start running and don't look back.


    Answer by drfink at 6:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

  • My child at any age would most likely be welcomed back into my home, but not the person she is cheating with.

    Answer by sherlee at 11:54 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

  • what are they thinking, there is all these children involved, they cant do it any better than that? he needs counseling,and so does the mistress poor wife and kids and mistresses kids

    Answer by akamom400 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.