Anyone using kushies cloth diapers?

I want to go to all cloth and no more disposable. I like kushies because they are at a store close to my home. What do I need to getr started with my 4 month old? Are you also using the flushable liners? Which is better- the washable or flushable liners? Do you need to use liners? How many diapers and liners will I need to get started?

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Kushies with my now 10 yr old and they worked fine. I never used the disposable liners. I had some fleece liners that I washed. One of the reasons why I didn't go with Kushies this time around is because I like a cloth diaper that has fleece against the skin, it keeps them "drier" (with the kushies it is cotton). I also like the newer diapers that are one size fits all, so that I don't have to keep buying new sizes as baby grows. I am using bum genius 3.0 and love them. I think they are worth the extra money over the kushies. You can get some that look just like the bum genius, and cost the same or even less than the kushies at theluvyourbaby

I have not tried those but they look just like the bumgenius, for about half the price. If I need more I think I will give these a try!

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:18 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I didn't use kushies, I ordered motherease online. I started with 6 cloth diapers and 2 covers, but that had me washing the diapers daily. I only did full-time cloth diapering for a short time before I went back to work and DS needed disposables for day care. I'd suggest getting maybe 18 diapers and 4 covers, and then perhaps you'll only have to do laundry every 3 days or so. I also bought 2 rolls of the flushable liners for #2s, but I quickly tired of dealing with them all the time when he was only pooping once or twice a day, so I stopped putting one every time, and still have a roll and a half left. The motherease diapers came with washable absorbent liners that we used all the time, and I did use washable fleece liners to help him not feel wet, but I just bought a bit of fleece from the fabric store and cut it up into strips.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 9:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The other things I found indispensable were the diaper balls that acted like a deodorizer in the wet-diaper laundry bag and then went into the washer as a detergent booster (I liked the kind with tea tree oil as an ingredient to help control the smells), and the shower wand that hooked onto the toilet tank for rinsing out the dirty diapers.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 9:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010