Would this be going overboard?

Hubby and I have been in a rut lately. We talked this weekend about how we are both unhappy. Neither one of us has really put forth an effort into the relationship for the past several months. We vowed to do better. He has been working on being nicer and complimenting me and I have been doing better about keeping the house more organized and helping him out more. I am thinking about taking his car to be washed and then I will clean out and vacuum the inside. I use to do this for him about every other week several months ago. I don't want him to think that I am trying to go overboard or trying to be fake just to please him. It is something I want to do for him. So, should I wash and clean out his car for him tomorrow or should I give it another week or two to show him that I do want to do this for him and not because I am doing it just to keep him or make him love me more.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• It seems like a sweet thing to do. Especially if that's something he really likes. It doesn't seem overboard.
    I wish you two the best of luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think it would show that you're trying too! It would be nice.
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you used to do it all the time, then I don't think it is going overboard!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Do it tomorrow. Don't wait. You don't want to fall into the trap of playing games. Do things because it makes you feel good to make him feel good. :)

Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• do it. it will show him that u r putting an effort in n that u do what to make him happy. its thoughtful
    EliseSantos

Answer by EliseSantos at 8:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think he'd see it as a very nice gesture. I really think it would help bring back what you guys are trying to work on.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It sounds sweet, I think you should do it!
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you have to question if doing something nice for your man is overboard, there is a huge problem.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Thank you everyone! I did this yesterday, but didn't tell him about it. This morning when he came home from work, he kissed me and thanked me for doing it.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:02 PM on Jul. 30, 2010