DS hates his Halo sleep sack....

I'm finding the fabric doesn't remove moisture from his body and causes him to get super sweaty and hot. Is anyone else finding the same thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ditch it! Microfleece isn't a breathable fabric because it's synthetic, so you'll never get the breathability from it that a natural fabric like cotton or merino can provide. I have one made of merino and DS has been sleeping in it for over a year now. It's awesome because it can cool him down or heat him up depending on the room temperature. The Halo just can't do that.... I got mine on www.babysleepbags.com if you want to take a look.

The upfront cost is more but you'll spend the same after you buy a year's worth of microfleece ones.  Not to mention, natural fabrics are better for baby because they're hypoallergenic and won't cause rashing, unlike the Halo and other synthetic sleep sacks.

mynaturalbaby

Answer by mynaturalbaby at 7:55 PM on Aug. 1, 2010

• I only ever used it on my kids during the cooler months.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• ya let him sleep in a onsie or diaper with NO blankets depending on how hot it is- when it gets cooler then use the sleep sack (has to do this with my two DD;'s -sweat all the time!!!)
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 8:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If he hates, then I wouldn't make him sleep in it! If you have air conditioning, I would have him sleep in cotton feety jammies, or the one piece layettes with the elastic bottoms. If you don;t have AC, then he should just sleep in a onesie with diaper
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• EDIT - The AC is cranked but he still gets too hot. I'm just disappointed because these things are so hyped but we haven't had any success in the 1 year that he's had it.
    DecemberMomma33

Answer by DecemberMomma33 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I just bought a fleece one on sunday and noticed his legs were sweaty when I changed his diaper. I returned it to babies r us and got the same thing in the t-shirt material. works really well now.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• We use Halo sleepsacks too, and don't have that problem at all. In fact, I absolutely love the Halo SleepSacks! Are you using the fleece ones or cotton ones? We are using the cotton ones now, and he is very comfortable with the house set at the recommended 72 degrees and a footed sleeper under, plus a fan going in his room (a fan also helps reduce the risk of SIDS). It sounds like you need to either switch material of the sleepsack, have less layers under, or keep your house cooler.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 3:55 PM on Jul. 29, 2010