Blocking?

Can you block people an CafeMom? If yes, How?

vampiremommy1

Asked by vampiremommy1 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Go into your "Personal Details" on teh left hand side at the bottom there will be a link for "Blocked Users"
    Enter the screen name you wish to block and voila,
    Keep in mind this only keeps the person from contacting you on your page directly(Journals/Chatterbox/photos/PM). If you are in any groups together or frequent any public sections such as Answers/Polls/ etc the person will still be able to interact with you as well as on OTHER people's journals/pages etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You can't block them in this section but you can block them from viewing your site and from answering journals or messaging you, go to view your profile, you will find a whole bunch of options on the left side, find the block user and click on it and enter the name of the person you want to block, you will automatically be blocked from theirs too.

Answer by older at 8:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i would really only bother with this if they are sending you messages or harrassing you on your journals, or chatterbox. Other than that, report the problem to cm.

I've found that if you just ignore most people they usually leave you alone after a day or two.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well this is actually someone whom I was friends with in person not just the net. We had a really bad falling out and I just don't care to deal with her ignorance anymore. I don't want to keep my profile completely private so I was wanting to block her so she at least can't see my personal info and such.
    vampiremommy1

Comment by vampiremommy1 (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• . I don't want to keep my profile completely private so I was wanting to block her so she at least can't see my personal info and such.

If you block her on cafemom she won't have access to view anything on your profile. However cafemom has a dual block system in place so when you block her from your page you will also be blocked form hers.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• bump
    ckap4707

Answer by ckap4707 at 9:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• That's fine by me I don't care what is on her page.
    vampiremommy1

Comment by vampiremommy1 (original poster) at 9:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2010