I am currently trying to conceve n i am a very regular person with my mestrual cycle! Except last month i was five day late n took a pregnancy test it was negative, then i got my period for my regular week. Now i am just wondering were i am tryin to get pregnant still this coming month should i still expect my peroid like normal or will is be another 5 day late????? PLEASE HELP adult content

I get my period the first week of every month it last for seven days. And i never know exactly when i ovulate so me and my partner have sex every other night or three nights!!!

libbygurl04

Asked by libbygurl04 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The Dollar Store sells ovulation tests. If I were you I would buy a few.

You are stressing over TTC and the TTW so it probably threw your body off
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It could have just been a fluke that your period was late. Are you under any stress because that can also cause your periods to be late. You may have a normal cycle this time. Ovulation doesn't always happen the same time every time. Every woman is different. If you want to find out when you ovulate. Try the ovulation predictor kits or try charting your temps.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Stress can lengthen your cycle by delaying ovulation. After ovulation, your period should come 10-14 days after. You could start charting your cycle(your basal body temp and/or cervical fluid) or use ovulation predictors to figure out when you ovulate. Chances are, you will go back to your usual length of cycle, but it could possibly be 'late' again. Good luck.
    Suz_and_Ash

Answer by Suz_and_Ash at 9:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My cycle was always the same for many, many years. Once I started TTC it messed up completely. The process of TTC can be so stressful and it can definitely affect your cycle. We tried for 3 years with our first and there were times when I missed my period all together.

Good luck to you!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010