Where can I find a height/weight chart for my 5 year old?

My little man is getting some little love handles. Nothing major but just starting to get a little tubby belly. Where can I find a height and weight chart to show me if he's overweight? His next physical isn't due until Feb. He's currently 50lbs and 46 inches.

mamasitax2

Asked by mamasitax2 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Do they have one in the nurse's office at his school? He doesn't sound overweight to me, but I'm not a professional lol GL
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I didn't think about that. He is just starting Kinder this year so I haven't been in his nurses office yet.
    mamasitax2

Comment by mamasitax2 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Looks like he's on the higher side of healthy. He is high for his age in both height and weight which isn't suprising since he was 9lbs 1 oz and 21 inches when he was born :)
    mamasitax2

Comment by mamasitax2 (original poster) at 9:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Maybe just increase his activity level so the weight distributes different. My son was at those numbers too and quite skinny. Height/weight charts aren't always a clear picture.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:56 AM on Jul. 30, 2010

• At the doctors office or in the Parents magazine sometimes they give you things like that in there. Or look it up online and print it out.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 10:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2010