ideas???

what are some craft ideas that I could do with a 5 year old. I'm watching my nephew tonight and I can't think of anything. He's really smart for his age also. PLEASE if anyone has ideas let me know.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My 5 year old granddaughter is enchanted with using scissors. She'll cut valentines (fold the paper in half and draw a half heart on it and the child cuts it out) all day. We do big, little, hearts within hearts, she colors them. We make chains and sometimes paste them on paper.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Connect the dots coloring book activities and stuff like in those paper backs.

Playdough shape cookie cutter shapes , different color playdough

Ball and a hoop taped onto the door on his level.

Legos or mega blocks

magnets on a metal surface

blank paper and draw circles and happy faces
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 9:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• take a cakedish put a piece of paper in it put some blobs of paint on the paper put marbles in there and let him move the bakingpan its an awesome activity my kids love it
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 9:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Make Puppets.
    Finger Paint.
    Get multi colored sand and a few empy transparent bottles and let them make sand art.
    Also can be done with paper and elmers glue.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Sit at table, get out scissors, address labels, stickers if you have any, glitter, pens, pencils, markers, crayons, glue. Glue leaves, flowers, water color paint...Ask him to tell you about each art piece & label it. I don't ask "what is it" I just say tell me about it and if my kids tell me who it's for and so on, i help them label it and they usually sign their name
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• look at dltk-cards.com... they have great printable crafts.. or on your way over stop at the grocery store, just pull around back and there is always someone there (smoking most of the time:) who can give you lots of - or just a few - large boxes. the best things are open ended.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Make sugar cookies, in shapes or with cutters then make colored icing out of powder sugar and coloring, add enough water to make it like paint. Let the kids paint them themselves. You can spray clear coat on them when dry and make a tree ornament out of them or put them on the wall in their room. Roll the dough out on a sheet and bake for a large canvas and let the kids pain what they want.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:33 PM on Aug. 1, 2010