7 month baby

My baby doesnt want to sleep in her crib, when i put her there she starts screaming, she wants to sleep in my bed, but i am afraid she will fall, is there anything to protect my bed so she wont fall....please help because i am very concern about this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would look for some kind of mesh guard rail, or consider a co-sleeper, but if you're ready for her to sleep in her crib I'd say keep trying. Maybe you can spend some time playing with her in her crib, so 1- she gets the sense of the crib being a fun place to be, and 2- so she doesn't necessarily associate the crib with being left alone.
    debbymichelle

Answer by debbymichelle at 9:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• dont put her too close to the edge and put like pillows and stuff around her so she cant roll off. i also have a 7month old. she sleeps in her own bed thou. but i would put your baby kinda like in the middle.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 9:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Push your bed against the wall and you sleep on the side that is open to the room if you wanna keep letting her sleep in your bed and then there is also this open bed (cosleeper bassinet)that you can attach to your bed it looks like a bassinet with 3 sides instead of 4,google it youll find many different styles.Good luck with everything my 2 kids were cosleep babys aswell
    peanuts2804

Answer by peanuts2804 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• At Babies 'R' Us and most other stores with a baby section .. they have high sided baby sleepers for just that purpose. I wouldn't suggest putting your bed against the wall, because the baby could get a blanket or pillow between her and the wall and suffocate. That's what I'd be paranoid about anyway. They also have bassinets that are three sided, so the open side is right against the mattress. That might work just as well as her being in bed with you.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Co-sleepers or push your bed against the wall, get a mesh rail like they make for toddler beds BUT, I would try and break your baby now of the habit of co-sleeping if you would rather she sleep in her crib. It will be tough for the first few days but if you are consistent, your baby will adjust. Good luck!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 9:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you sidecar a crib too http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• quietWhat I did with my kids when they (or me) wanted to sleep together was surround the edge of the bed with pillows & just in case, I'd put pillows on the floor or whatever would work.Hope this helps.: )

bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:41 PM on Jul. 29, 2010