Horseriding

I have twins who turned 3 in August, and the eldest one has quite an interest in ponies....is she too young to maybe encourage horse riding as a hobby?

little.knickers

Asked by little.knickers at 9:39 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• some places have the pony tied to a post and let it walk in a circle, they have someone walk beside it. i'd say its ok.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• My 4yr old DD started walking with someone leading the horse last year. I say go for it!
    Lorelai

Answer by Lorelai at 9:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• No--if you have access to a horse. Our daughter was "riding" at 3. And by herself at 5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• We live on a Farm/ ranch and my kids all started riding well....... from birth and could ride alone by the age of 3, I say if they have the interest and it's availible to you go for it!!! its great for kids!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 3, 2008