Would you go against your doctors word on this?

If you were taking a medication (that you had to take because of epilipsy) and your OB said that the meds was so new that they were unsure if it was passed through breastmilk to an infant and they advised you not to breastfeed. Would you not breast feed or do you think the medication would'nt harm your baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I wouldn't bf
    HuskerMommy08

Answer by HuskerMommy08 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Why chance it??
    HuskerMommy08

• I certainly would not take the risk. I would listen to my doctor.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This is what i did but sometimes i get jumped on here saying there is no reason at all for not breast feeding. Just want people to know i have a reason. I just want to see how many people would go against the doctors order
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't breast feed
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• i would get on a medication that is safe for breastfeeding.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't bf'. While I do believe that in most cases bm is best for babies, that doesn't include when necessary meds might be passed through it. And I'm not one who believes that it's better for baby to be bf'd even if it's detrimental to mom (I know there are those who would say you should stop the meds in order to bf'd, which is just messed up reasoning in my opinion). You do what is best for YOU and YOUR baby and just ignore those who have no idea of what they're talking about.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't breast feed because I wouldn't want to take the chance of the medicine passing to the baby.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I tried all the other meds and the one i've been taking is the only one that has worked for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I would first get a second opinion. Then I would make sure I have all the correct information by doing the research myself. However, I would Formula Feed before putting my child or my own health in danger because of Breast Feeding.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010