• In the Spotlight:

Just asking, Why wouldn't one vaccinate infant/children?

cdesersa

Asked by cdesersa at 10:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am PRO-vaccinations. No way did I want my kids to catch polio or whooping cough or measles. Now they have vaccinations for chicken pox and mumps. There is no reason to blame vaccinations for anything.
    The diseases they could catch can be deadly. Google POLIO, for example.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I didn't vaccinate either of my children. After seeing the damage that vaccines can cause first hand, I did the research and after having the education, I can't understand why anyone would vaccinate... The illnesses that we vaccinate against are curable with treatments, and every one of them has proven healthier for the immune system than the vaccines are. Really, all my reasons just won't fit in this box... But I have them all on my personal website (HERE)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My daughter almost died from an adverse reaction to a vaccine. There is no way I would ever inject that into her or my other children's bodies again.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• ummm coder.. im pro vaccinated i stated i was vaccinated i survived meaning it is fine for my daughter as well she has had all her shots.. BUT THANKS!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oppsdiditagain, I never implied that you weren't. I'm right there with you. I was trying to say that it's not just a matter of "well they didn't kill me", but often a bit stronger than that. Take the smallpox, for example, over 80% of the children that got it, died.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• There hasn't been a case of paralytic wild polio since 1979. The last cases after that were vaccine induced infections from the OPV. Most cases of polio weren't the paralytic type by the way. They've been talking about removing IPV from the schedule for a decade!

Chicken pox is not a deadly disease. Measles isn't either in children. (If they were so deadly why did all the brady bunch kids come down with mumps and measles and there was no gloom and doom surrounding it---but comedy? Because they were expected to RECOVER not die.) Contagious yes...deadly no. Both of these , however, are more dangerous in adults so if anything its ADULTS who should be getting vaccinated if they don't come by immunity naturally.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:23 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Polio is a viral illness that, in about 95% of cases, actually produces no symptoms at all (called asymptomatic polio). In the 4% to 8% of cases in which there are symptoms (called symptomatic polio), the illness appears in three forms: 1. a mild form called abortive polio (most people with this form of polio may not even suspect they have it because their sickness is limited to mild flu-like symptoms such as mild upper respiratory infection, diarrhea, fever, sore throat, and a general feeling of being ill) 2.
    a more serious form associated with aseptic meningitis called nonparalytic polio (1% to 5% show neurological symptoms such as sensitivity to light and neck stiffness) and 3. a severe, debilitating form called paralytic polio (this occurs in 0.1% to 2% of cases)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• some feel that there are worse things in the vaccines that are bad for the child, each their own i spose but im the type that views it i was vaccinated i survived lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you're truly interested in the answer to that question, take the time to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdLMeULoujM

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oppsdiditagain, have you ever stopped to consider that perhaps it's because of vaccinations that you survived?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 10:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010