What can i do??

My SO just started a new job. We knew he'd be working 8 hours a day monday thru friday && we dicussed that when he got home he'd get his a little break, i can respect that he wants some down time first, and then help me out a little with our 5 week old daughter && maybe take her for one f his off days. Problem is he's not! He waits til like 10-1030 to take her wen shes already asleep for the next couple hours [[she's on a very good scehduale]] && goes to bed with her leaving me to feed her wen she wakes up between 12 and 1.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Where's the break if i'm the one that put her to sleep?? && then on weekends he expects me to stay home with her while him && his friends have fun drinkin at night instead of goin to bed at a decent hour so her can watch her the next day. I try to show him i Cant do it 24/7 I need some kind of relife somewhere && he gets mad && throws it at me he supposrts us && needs a break too. Well god dammit i coulda sworn i had her 7 days a week all day every day?? && i dont get paid, not my problem. [[ but thats not the point lol i like beina mom]] What can i do to show him i need some kind of break && what he's doin isnt right, supporting us or not?? Sorry my details were too long here's the rest..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• be sneaky. say hon, can you take the baby for a little bit, i need a shower. TAKE YOUR TIME! haha, this may be the only way that you can get some down time. or if you just want to be honest, go get him say you need a break too. i'm a sahm mom of a toddler and believe me, breaks are necessary. he needs to understand this. find a cafemom group near you and have a mno! moms night out.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I do everything for my daughter he helps a litlle but not major llike I do its all part of bein a mother I feel like mothers are the primary person to care for the kids but we are human and we do need breaks from our children. As far as him drinking with his friends while your with the baby that is messed up if that is the case then yall should switch off he gets his day with his friends while you watch the baby and you get yours while he watches the baby its only fair. Do you have family to help you I live near my mother n law and she is such big help for me when I need breaks. goodluck
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• we actually live with his family til we can save money but i feel dumb askin his mom to watch her watch ayri wen her fathers around plus she goes out just as mnuch as he does and i could have my mom watch her if i wanted too but she works ALOT so i have to plan it like two or 3 weeks ahead of time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I know the feeling of needing a break. i have a toddler and a 9 week old...When hubby gets home, he know it's HIS turn. lol. he may take a shower first, but he gets the kids while i cook the dinner. to me, cooking dinner is getting away from the kids. On the weekends though, HE gets up with the kids, and lets me sleep in. of course his way of "watching the kids" is put our DS in his high chair for breakfast and take him out 2 hours later, feed our DD and put her in the bouncer seat. NOT clean up after himself from making breakfast, and watches what he wants on the tv, while our son is fussing that he wants to get out. so when i get up, i might as well have just gotten up with them and not slept in, cuz i have EXTRA work to do when he does give me a break. and he wonders why i complain the house is a mess all the time! it's clean until he gets home!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Although i don't know what i'm going to do next week and when he gets deployed. i'm going to have both kids 24/7...guess i'm gonna have to get used to it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• oh sorry, he's going out of town next week, not getting deployed next week. so i guess you can say next week is a "trial" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008