Have you ever had a spray tan?

I'm going tomorrow to get a spray tan for the first time. I have no clue what to expect or even what I'm suppose to wear.

Just wondering if anybody had any advice so I might know what to expect.

Juggalette0327

Asked by Juggalette0327 at 10:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My friend and I are going this week. I don't want to go nake cause, well, I've nurtured two kids and things don't perk where they used to, ya know??? :P So I think I'll wear an old bra that I don't care to get sprayed. Think that's ok?? She's done it many times and looks really nice. I work i n a cancer center...trust me, it's WAAAAAyy better than the sun or the cancer beds (aka tanning beds)
    Fltwirlmom

Answer by Fltwirlmom at 11:18 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I don't know if God intended me to be white or not but I've done it many times. You're going to strip down to whatever you want, most people go naked. Someone sprays a moist layer of tan on you, you stand there alone in a room with fans until you're dry and you get dressed and go home. It does smell a little strange and you can't shower for 24 hours but you'll look like you've spent a week on the beach. I actually looked really good for a couple weeks but then it started to wear off unevenly and can be unsightly for a couple days. Good Luck.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I have not...
    but, I don't think it's anything weird. you just can't shower for like 24hrs or something like that...and in that 24hrs I think they smell funny...(I had a friend in HS who got one once..lol)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yes, just remember to take a shower, shave & exfoliate before you spray tan. Also do not spray tan on a day when you will be outside/sweating. Good luck!
    banker_mama

Answer by banker_mama at 10:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you have to shower, exfoliate, and shave if you havnt. then you have to take something to put on after the spray tan like silk material not cotton because you dont want it to come offand loose fitting.
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I was born a brown girl no need to spray tan myself. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I've never had one before.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 10:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• well idk as well what :god: wants for me.. hm.. but ive done it for my wedding and wore my bra and panties only and turned a NICE brown color def not orange or fake didn't spend 35 -40 bucks to turn orange lol
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 10:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• They've come a long way. Just choose something like dark loose shorts and a tank or something then you can have your bathing suit underneath if you want.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I haven't had one...but all I can think of is Ross on "Friends" and how he had a one-sided tan from being sprayed on the front over and over!!!! LOL!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2010