saltwater vs chlorine pools

what is better? I just converted my pool to saltwater, excited about less chemicals!

Ashlynnsmommy07

Asked by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Saltwater is much better for kids also. If they get it in their eyes it won't sting nearly like chlorine does and as far as bacteria in saltwater, the hotter the water the more the concern, but even in the heat of summer, it won't really get hot enough to become a significant problem!! I'm jealous I want a saltwater pool, but we can't have one without putting up a fence....and we can't put up a fence cuz we're renting....:(
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• saltwater is good for your skin. carries a lot more bacteria than chlorine, but before pools, there was the beach haha
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 10:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• As someone who is deathly allergic to chlorine... I have to vote for Saltwater! I can't swim in a chlorinated pool for at least 72 hours after the chemicals are added or I'll be puking for days!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Saltwater is definitely better.  I would love to do that to our pool but it's not an affordable option right now.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think our Aquatic center uses that...taste like brine water......any thing with LESS CHEMICALS has got to be better (& healthier)
    Carey2006

Answer by Carey2006 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• My sister has a saltwater pool and I LOVE it! Better for the skin, better for kids, better for sensitive skin and STILL kills all the crap. After all saltwater is great for healing wounds.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:54 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i didnt know you could make your pool saltwater?
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 10:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• but i prefer the chlorine ima germaphoebe
    Rachelxbby

• I like salt water pools, my moms friend has one
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I've never been in a saltwater pool, I wonder if it would be feasible for a seasonal pool to be saltwater?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010