Should I get an Abortion?

I am married but we are somewhat separated... I am not pregnant from him but I am pregnant from the man I am in love with... No one knows me and my husband is geting a divorce... The guy I am pregnant from is about 10 years older than me and my family will not approve... I am against abortion but the timing is so wrong... I think... I could really use some advice, don't really need any bashing...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is a deeply personal decision that once you make, you can't undo. Only you can decide what is right for you. If you are against abortion, those feelings aren't going to change just because you find yourself thinking you need one. You could be setting yourself up to feel a lot of guilt and pain later on. Its ok to be scared because of your situation, but maybe try looking at this pregnancy from a different angle. Maybe this is the single event that will force you to make the changes in your life that you need to be happy. Leave the husband you don't love, pursue a relationship with the man you do, and stand up to your family should you decide to keep the baby. Whatever you do, don't let fear or anyone else make this decision for you, because you are the one who has to live with the aftermath.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you are against abortion I think you just answered your own question. If timing is the only thing that is even putting the thought of abortion in your mind then in my opinion that is silly. If you are getting divorced, what is the problem?? If your family doesn't approve does it really matter as long as you love your partner and he feels the same. I would say that abortion would be the wrong decision in your case. You will probably regret it and hate yourself down the line. This is strictly my opinion. I am pro choice all the way.... it just sounds like you know what is in your heart.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am pro-choice (NO BASHING PLZ). It sounds like you have some real soul searching to do. I do think the father of this baby should be included in this decision. In all honesty, this is not about your family and their acceptance. This is about you, the baby you are now carrying and the baby's father. I would talk it over with him before making any decisions.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am a prolifer. So i will under every circumstance advise you to keep your baby. That is not bashing...I promise. I know it seems so hard right now, and this baby may not have been what you planned. But there is a reason for this baby. No matter how out of time it may be. I hope you make the right decision for you and your baby. I know you are going through a lot right now. Take a deep breathe and think it through.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Stop worrying what other people think. If your family doesn't approve, then that is their problem. You are old enough to make your own decisions right? It isn't the babies fault that it is being brought into the world, so my opinion on the abortion is to not do it. If I were in your situation, I would have to learn how to deal with the choice I made. If your family wont approve of the child, then they wouldn't deserve to see it. Are you happy with your new man? Don't worry about the ages and don't worry about people... It is your choice and yours alone. You feel it is bad timing with the kid, then do what you think will make you happy, but I don't believe an abortion will be the right choice. It's innocent and didn't ask to be conceived.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No dont do it! if you dont like it go with your gut! Who cares what people will say
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• This is your decision and only your decision, no one can tell you what to do. The only thing we can do is to help you after you make your decision. If you decide to get an abortion make sure that you have someone to talk to after......you will need it.

Good luck and do what is best for you......not your family, your husband, your boyfriend or anyone else :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 10:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you say your in love by the guy ur prego by so i say no you will regret this dnt worry bout what other people are gonna think its your life n you should run it... hope u do whats right for YOU.
    13liz13

Answer by 13liz13 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Have you considered adoption? We adopted our daughter at birth and she is the center of our universe. And it's an open adoption to where we have contact and visits and exchange pictures and such with her birth-family.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Is there any hope for you and the guy your in love with? It sounds like you really care about him...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010