Lost complete interest in my boyfriend!

I don't know if this every happened to any of you....we had a baby 5 months ago....I don't know what happened but I lost complete interest in his...sexually, emotionally...just in every way. Like I don't even want him to touch me at all it makes me sick...espically when we have sex I almost want to cry cause I don't want him on me! It grosses me out to have sex with him. I don't know why this happened!!!! Has this ever happened to any of you ladies!! What did you do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Oct. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• to be honest i felt weird about sex after having my son too. you're body went through a lot. i got over it, and you might too. if its that bad though, dont let him on you.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• The same thing happened to me when I had my daughter. I lost complete intrest in her dad and felt the same way as you. I think its hormonal. We ended up splitting up, but, it does go away. I think you are in the mindset to take care of your baby right now and don't feel sexy or want it. I imagine you are probably tired a lot too from taking care of the baby. I would explain to him what you are feeling and let him know its not because of him or what he is doing, but you just need your space right now to adjust to the new baby and everything. Its normal though, don't feel bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think after having a baby you are so wrapped up and in love with the baby you just loose interest in your partner. Especially if you are breast feeding. I wouldn't worry about it to much, maybe you can talk to him about it and tell him how you feel, ( in a nice way) You will eventually get your sex drive back.
    momma-meg

Answer by momma-meg at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• Yes I just got out of a situation like that. I was feeling that way because he really hurt me n the past and I couldn't forgive and forget, so every time i looked at him or he touched me he made me sick. It got to the point where I just started sayin I was sleepy or lying about my period. My advice to you is to tell him how you feel and try n work it out, but if that does not work then leave him like I did mine. I am so much happier now.
    Jrsmom2

Answer by Jrsmom2 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• After I had my oldest DS I couldn't stand the thought of my DH touching me. My DH hunts and he was gone all the time and for the first time I didn't care. And the thought of sex (it was also extremely painful) just made want to run and hide, so it was truly lacking. After my son turned 3 things got better for me (I have a patient man) and now we have #2 (14 mos) things are great. Sex is as good as it was when we were first married! Just explain to your DH that how your feeling right now and you need his patience and understanding to help you get through it.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I think this is nature's way of preventing a woman from getting pregnant again too soon after the baby. It is interesting that it is so widespread and sometimes these feelings can last for a couple of years. Often a woman's passion turns towards her baby in the form of nurturing and away from sexuality with her husband.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• i am just so lost. We have a little boy who will be 4 mts tomorrow and i feel bad becuase my husband and i have only been intimate 3 time since i had our son. I just have zero intrest in sex or lovey dovey stuff. I just enjoy being abum when i can and sleeping at night. What is going on? will things be back to normal? i just want the butterflys back and the romance back in our lives. It just feels like i get frustrated with him more often now. I work full time and clean the house everyday and cook dinner everyday and becuase he works night i am with our son every night all night and pretty much am the only one that does everything for him on the weekends, like feeding, changing, playing with. It feels like i have built up anger against my husband and its coming out in the form of killing my sex drive and feeling of romance. Any advice please...... im soo tired of the bickering and fighting over the smallest things.
    Mandijune

Answer by Mandijune at 2:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2009