39 wks 2 days pregnant...1cm 50% effaced...3rd baby. Any suggestions on how to get things started?

My 1st daughter came at 37 weeks my water broke...my 2nd was 38 weeks my water broke...this one is being stubborn and won't even make an attempt! Me and my husband have tried walking (been walking 2 times a day for a month) and intercourse.

3girls2010

Asked by 3girls2010 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You body and baby just aren't ready yet then. You can keep on with the sex though! lol
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 11:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I know at this stage u don't want to hear it...but walk, walk walk!!! It really works :)
    Fltwirlmom

Answer by Fltwirlmom at 11:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I am doubting walking works. I haven't changed at all in 2 weeks. Still been the exact same and we walk EVERYDAY
    3girls2010

Comment by 3girls2010 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Let your baby be born when it is ready. Don't force it. WHY do so many Moms here want to start labor, why do you all want to CONTROL everything? YOU don't know when the best time is for the baby to be born. Let your body decide!!!
    Anonymous

• Maybe try going to the gym and go on some of the machines. Maybe the like the stairmaster? Or maybe sit ups if you can do them.
    Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 11:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• more sex!
    urban_baybee

Answer by urban_baybee at 11:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• haveing sex
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Evening primrose oil..
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You may have a 40 weeker. Remember--gray and white matter grows week to week in your baby's brain. Also did you know there are 7 ways to calculate the due date? I say, don't sweat the due date. Even though you may be ready, it's a nice hormonal cocktail that happens inside you when labor kicks in on it's own. One tip: Teach your husband how to breastfeed. On you! Nipple stimulation. Hope this helps and may you have a smooth birth!
    kcook8

Answer by kcook8 at 1:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I was in the same exact boat as you for A MONTH. My daughter came at 41 weeks to the day. When you're having intercourse, make sure you get a big O, because that's what stimulates labor. Worked for me! I was also walking tons everyday and that day I also ate a lot of spicy food lol.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2010