To put son in part itme preschool again or not? I've been staying home with him and I'm not currently working

I had him in a preschool a while back and i felt like it was a good one. The drive is kinda far for me, and money is tight now so I'm deciding if I should let him go or not. I already paid the reg fee of 100.00. I tried a daycare closer to my house but found out they were abusing him and reported them to child protection and to the police also., so now although I never had a prob with the preschool he used to go to except for the drive and food being on his face and clothes when I picked him up (which I talked to them about, and they said if his shirt has some food on it if i wanna change him when I get home I can (althogh they had extra clothes for him, They said is he peed or pooed on his clothes they would change him but not just for food, which I thought was kinda gross and unacceptable, but he seemed to like it there, he never came home with bruizes unlesss on his knee or something anad they told me what happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• and they had filled out an accident report on it if he did fall which wasn't too often, they were christian run and they taught him abcs and other educational things, It's set up like a real school, we even have to buy school supplies and have a day to meet the teachers. It's not like daycare. Now I'm kinda hesistant b/c of the abuse at the other place and I really don't know his teachers, I do feel comfortoable with the owners of the preschool. They also do arts and crafts with him etc. nEgs- money, drive time @ 1 1/2 to 2 hours per day. pros 2 days per week (alot of places don't have this 2 day option available. and hours are from 9-2 or 9-3 if u wanna pay extra money for the additional hour, pro is also to give me a break as I have been staying at home working taking care of my 2 year old for a while now, but I do have my mil that started watching him 1 day a week most weeks but not all, and I never know when she can.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• also she did say she cleaned his face and didn't see that she missed any or forgot her glasses or something and that she would try harder to check and clean his face. They have them on a schedule and I think it would be good for him to be @ other kids his age, but also don't want him getting sick from being @ the other kids. Please help me make my decision, this is a big decision for me. I do woek as a sub teacher very part time but the hours don't work, so I prob couldn't work to help pay for it. but i do have money in my savings acct to pay for it.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If you're a stay at home mom, there's no reason to waste money on preschool. Especially if he's been abused before, I would never leave my son with someone. I don't ever bring my son to daycare unless I have a dentist appointment or something i seriously can't bring him to, and even for that I feel bad for leaving him. If it's a long drive and money is tight, then definitely not. My mom used to bring me to daycare when she was a stay at home mom, but they had the money, and my dad didn't mind if she wanted alone time. But my husband would think I'm being selfish and wasting his hard earned money if i tried to do that
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 29, 2010