Any nurse midwives out here?

Have you attended natural births where the baby was conceived by IVF? What was your experience/did you see any difference between that and births where baby was conceived naturally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I'm a childbirth educator, not a CNM, and I haven't attended any births of IVF babies. I can tell you, though, that there does seem to be a slight increase in complications like preeclampsia in mothers who concieved by IVF. That doesn't mean that you will definately have problems or that you can't have a natural birth. Most healthy women who concieve, no matter how, end up with healthy pregnancies. As far as differences between the births, I would suspect that moms who have dealt with infertility and IVF would be no different from moms who concieved naturally except that maybe they appreciate the whole process a little more for having been denied it before.

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010