Anyone have kids around 13 months apart?

I have two kids... 13 months 6 days apart... My boyfriend ... not great help... Right now it is alright as long as my oldest can stay out of trouble when I am feeding the other one... except he likes to grab the bottle away from him... I dont want to yell or scold him for it because I dont want him to resent his brother or me ... Does it get better having them close together?? It only stresses me out that my boyfriend seems like it is hard to do one thing during the day for me... and i have no other help around my area.

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 11:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why not let the little one feed the baby as you hold them both or sit close or what not.
    Does it get better? ...hmmm. IMO not really. But you learn to deal with it.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• oh. and my boys are 13 months and 8 days apart.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• right now he is just a newborn... i dont know if it is safe having my 13 month old hold him at all yet :|
    mandie_jean

Comment by mandie_jean (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• It does get better. My dd is 3 and my son is 2.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• My boys are 13 months and 3 days apart. When the younger one was born I would either read a book to the older one while feeding the younger or watch Sesame Street with the older one while feeding the younger one. My oldest son would try to help with so many things and as the baby got older it really came in handy......he would play with him while I was making dinner, if the baby was crying he would rub his little face to try to get him to stop. Now they are 7 & 8 and best friends. They fight like normal siblings but they both like the same toys and they have the same interests. It's kind of like they are growing up together like twins. It does get easier, you just need to find a routine. Good luck and congratulations :)

colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Try to involve the older one in the things you're diong with the younger one. The older one is most likely trying to get your attention while you're feeding baby. Acting out is a common way for older kids to show jealousy towards younger siblings. So try to get the older one involved. Remember to spend quality time with the older one just you and him. This will let him know that you still love him, care about him, and love having him around.

My kids are 13 months apart. My son wanted nothing to do with his sister, but took her bottle all the time when she was first born. He'd run off with it and drink it down. That was because he had just been switched to a sippy cup. So he wasn't understand why she got the bottle and he didn't.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• while feeding one read a story to the other or put on his show watch it together
    or next time make snack for him with juice cup while feeding the baby and praise him how good boy and big boy he is
    talk to him ask how his day was even if you had him all day you will see the change in him
    my son's josh 25 and jeff 24 have out grown it they are close
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have Irish twins D.O.B 2/10/03 & 2/9/04...... It was so sweet having them be so close growing up, I have a DD that's 5 yrs older than the oldest IT and another born 10/31/05 but I think the Irish twins will always have a special bond!
    CokietheClown

Answer by CokietheClown at 10:51 AM on Jul. 29, 2010