I am desperate....

How can you get a 4 year old to leave his clothes on?

Danielle55

Asked by Danielle55 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Duct tape

Haha! Seriously though, if you find an answer, let me know because my daughter likes to strip down herself.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!! Sorry, but this is an awesome question. And my answer is: bribe him! ;-) Seriously, though, good luck with that. Mine just likes to hang out in his undies. It's been drilled into him that he never lets anyone see his "pete" so he rarely wants to be naked. ;-) As long as he/she isn't in public, I say let em run free! lol
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 11:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Well to be honest what I tell my son when he does that ( he is 3 ) and he lovessss being naked... but I always tell him so and so is going to see his pee pee lol. So he needs to hurry up and cover it up fast...and kinda like make a game outta it...grab him up over your shoulder of something, rush into the bedroom or where ever, grab the underwear and tell him he better hurry before they come, before they see him. He might get excited and hurry and put them on, I know my son does. He loves it.
    sexy_can_i

Answer by sexy_can_i at 11:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Why doesn't he like to wear clothes? Are they too tight, does he just not like them?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• You might want to see if you can figure out why he keeps taking them off. If that doesn't work, try rewarding good behavior. Give him a token for keeping his clothes on and allow some number of tokens to earn him a reward ( a trip to the park, etc). You aren't the first person to ask this question so you might also want to search through older questions to see what other advice has been offered. I remember my niece at this age did the same thing..
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Totally normal! My DD was naked by 5 p.m. every day lol. I had to buy her clothes that buttoned in back etc...not easy to find. I never really cared about it as long as we were at home. One of our neighbors said Emily, I didn't recognize you with your clothes on lol. He will get over it. Don't sweat.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:10 PM on Jul. 30, 2010

• No answer here!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:11 AM on Sep. 14, 2010