What weight loss plans actually really work?

Well here I am 4 kids later....30 lbs more than I need lol. My last child was born a little over a year ago, so I'm really disappointed my body hasn't gotten quite down to what I thought I would be by now. I do know that I need to obviously eat right and exercise, BUT what plans can i follow to help me that actually work? Anyone find anything that works for them? All suggestions would be super appreciated!

sexy_can_i

Asked by sexy_can_i at 11:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• Weight Watchers!!!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• The one where you eat right, excersise.
    Be consistant, follow through, and don't give up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• how nice to see someone who cares about there health and appearence!
    i work out for an hour or two 4-6 days a week, depending on how busy i am that week. cardio is the most important for weight loss. weight training and strength exercises are important too. swimming is great and yoga is great also. i perfer the gym, but i really like the biggest loser dvd's too and i really wish i could afford P90X.
    to give you an example of what you should eat, ill write what i ate today: breakfast - 3 egg omlette (one whole egg, 2 egg whites) with one slice of mozzerella cheese cooked with non fat butter cooking spray & a bowl of watermelon. lunch - special k protein bar. dinner - a salad with roasted chicken. - drinking lots of water helps alot, and i also take mega-t green tea pills. they work! and they give you energy to work out. but they make you pee alot. lol. GL - PM me if you want
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• AllAlboutKeeley....have you tried it or currently doing weight watchers? I hear its kinda expensive...is it worth it?
    sexy_can_i

Comment by sexy_can_i (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• my mom is an RD and I know alot about food and nutrtrition and weight loss. I had a baby 2 years ago and am not where I want to be either, Ididn't gain too much with him but after i had him they put me on meds that caused weight gain, I have been eating meals on a small saucer instead of a reg plate, so generalyy smaller portions, I have lost 42 lbs so far but it has taken me almost a year of dieting to loose the weight, I still would like to loose another 15 lbs or so. ALso ask your dr for an appititute supresant called adipex, its a diet pill that helps too, drink lots of water, try to eat small portions and if u fall off the wagan get back up and don't give up. u can do this. u are in control of your body and what goes into your mouth, your body or taste buds are not in control. I have been having a frozen fruit smoothie for breakfast for a while now and have also been eating salads. also make sure your not eating b/c u are
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• You could count calories, it's easier than most think. I like using sparkpeople.com, it's really a helpful website, gives you healthy recipes, and it's a daily food log, you put in what you ate and how much and it counts your calories for you, it also has a bank full of gazillions of foods so you don't even have to figure that out either, just type in what you ate, and find it easily in the bank, click it and it's added. It made things a lot easier for me. there's also an exercise plan on there.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• you dont need to buy the weight watchers food. they have a book with there recipies in it, and then you can just make it yourself.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• also make sure your not eating b/c your bored or upset or just b/c the food is there, alot of times we eat for the wrong reasons. Think about how u feel before u eat - are u really truely hungary? They also sell FULL BARS and AQUA FULL productsa made by a gastric bypass dr and they work to fill u up b/c they have alot of fiber and stuff in them, but you MUST drink alot of water when u eat the full bars, or they could cause promblems, It will say on the package ho wmuch water too drink with each product like 8 oz or whatever. eat lots of vegs they are very low in cals and are healthy and packed with antioxidents which help to fight off free radicals in your body. I ate a whole can of squash with videeoil onions in them they come in the can this way and they taste so cook, the whole can is about 100 cals. Drink water at least 8 to 16 oz before u eat each meal. Hope some of these things help. and yes excercize walk - start small
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Hey Ashley, I went to that site that you suggested. And its pretty neat. But it says about setting a weight loss goal...should I start off small, like 10 lbs and then work up...or should i just put in the total amount I want to lose?
    sexy_can_i

Comment by sexy_can_i (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Thanks to everyone that gave me some suggestions, they were very helpful. I don't think I will do weight watchers thoguh just bc it cost a little bit too much, if I'm gonna pay money like that I'd rather pay it for going to a gym, but right now with all my kids ranges from 16 mths to 7 years. I just don't have the time! Which totally sucks!!! I will keep in mind though to keep going, not to give up, and to keep movtivated,,,,some how!! lol
    sexy_can_i

Comment by sexy_can_i (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010