Can you crate train a cat for night time?

I am a dog person who will soon be getting a cat. I want to know if you can crate train your cat like a dog at night.

momofne

Asked by momofne at 11:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Pets

• I have never heard of crate training a feline friend. I put litter in box, showed it too my cat, I have had 3 cats over a period of time, and they got it first time out. With my first male cat I rubbed his paw in the fresh litter and that was it. WIth my female cat,,,,,we never met at the litter box, she knew where to go from instinct. Cats are amazing creatures, they get it before we try to teach it to them. :)
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Since cats are nocturnal, I don't think they would like to be confined at night. I've never heard of crate training a cat.

If a cat is old enough to be away from its mother, it should already be litter box trained; you should just have to show it where the litter box is in your house.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I'm picturing one of my cats being crated at night..........nope, they would keep me up screeching all night long because they want out.

Litter train your cat and they will be fine left out.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2010

• It is possible. I have a 14 year old cat who when she is having a bad day, i have to crate her at night so she doesn't fight with the younger cats and get injured. She doesn't mind it at all.
    juggalettetina

Answer by juggalettetina at 11:53 PM on Jul. 30, 2010