Question mainly for Christians!!! Not meant to offend just curious!

Do you think it is better spiritually to be a Christian who is rude and mean to any one who doesn't believe the same or some one who is not Christian but it nice to others not based off religion?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• hot...I asked my Genius son who became a Christian at age 5 by his own choosing and this is his response.
    It would be better to be a non-believer who is nice to everyone because chances are better that a good Christian will come along and show you the love of Christ which will convince you to become a believer and then you will be both a Christian and nice to everyone. He also stated the question didn't mention any time limits so he is assuming the individual isn't dead yet.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• read the Bible and you know what God views on things. God doesn't want his children to be mean, rude, ect. so it's displeasing in his eyes. but to have people not believe in him, that's displeasing to him as well....sooo....yes, it is relevant.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I am a Christian and I honestly think that a "Christian" who is rude and mean to any one who doesn't believe the same isn't truly a Christian. Yes, all people have bad days but to go around and think that you are better than someone and you are rude to them and just have that attitude, then they need to do some soul searching because they truly are not a Christian. My MIL is like that. She puts me down and then ends with you need God in your life, lol.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I believe it is important to be a Christian who has Jesus in their heart. People are people... there are nice 'Christians' and not so nice 'Christians'.. there are nice 'non-Christians' and not so nice 'non-Christians'. Being a Christian has NOTHING to do with being "nice".. it is about believing that Jesus is God and that He has died for our sins and letting Him into our hearts... we will continue to be imperfect people in an imperfect world until we are taken up to be with Him in our afterlife. I don't look at other Christians for how to be or I will only be disappointed.. I look 'up' to Him.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 12:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• In God's eyes, neither. in human's eyes, the second is better.

A true follower of Christ would reflect God's light on them, having a Godly attitude, living and walking in truth, speaking and living modestly in not only dress,(as in not dressing slutty and walking around with our boobs hanging out our shirts, ect) but in our day to day living as well. we are to be seperate from the world.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• not Christian and nice. imo a person who has lived a good life but isnt a Christian will be in Paradise long before a Christian who chose to belittle others & lived w/ hate in their heart.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ok, IMO...it would be better for a person to be a believer and be a nasty person than for a non-believer to be nice to people while each of them are on Earth. But..it would only be better for that individual. It would be better for those around them for the individual to be nice and courteous because their afterlife would not matter to anyone else but them. Please take into account a mean believer would still have to answer for their sin(s) if they make it to heaven.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• ok, YOU asked for our opinion. I gave it to you. you specifically asked CHRISTIANS. and christians believe the BIBLE. the Bible is God's WORD. therefore, since we CHRISTIANS believe every word in the Bible, then we can believe that in God's eyes both are displeasing.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Nobody holds the abiltiy to decide who is or who isn't a true Christian. It is up to that individual and God as to whether or not they have accepted Jesus as their savior. Nothing more. Mankind was never given the ability to judge that realm. And THANK GOD FOR THAT
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Oh but the manner in which one shares those beliefs certainly speaks volumes in regards to their character!
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 29, 2010