postpatum depression

Does postpartum depression always have to be crying?? could you just be really stressed out ???? cuz i feel like i can go nuts sometimes:|

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When I had PPD I felt like a terrible parent. I felt like I was not good enough for my family. Luckily for me just talking about it and letting it all out helped. A girl I know, her PPD was totally different. She went a little crazy. Picking fights and getting angry. Telling her BF she doesn't want to be with him. etc.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 11:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• No it could be not just crying. For me it was really intense depression for no apparent reason. Make sure you take really good care of yourself and take breaks when you can.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:30 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• One pregnancy I had severe depression where I just felt useless and worthless, my last one I was an angry raging lunatic! I'm medicated now. :p No matter what, if you feel overwhelmed, sad, whatever and it's most of the time, go talk to someone. They can help you decide what actions you can take to make it easier for you. It doesn't mean you have to be on meds or that you're some how a bad mom for needing help
    (we ALL need help!)
    It actually shows how responsible and self aware you are when you realize you need help and get it.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 1:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• No.I know when I went thru it,I'd not only cry,but I would question my abilities as a mother and their were times when I'd have to ask my husband to take over because their crying were driving me crazy.But you get thru it.Every mother goes thru it .Some go thru it worse than others.I hope this helps.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:14 PM on Jul. 29, 2010