With all of this talk about fat chicks, I have some Q's

If you are "fat" are you proud? Or are you just refusing to be ashamed?
I personally believe there is no reason to be proud of being fat, it brings on nothing good, but I don't think women should be ashamed of their bodies.

What do you consider fat?
I think over a size 6 pants

If you lost weight, lets share success stories and tips

**Please don't be rude about this post, answer honestly, anonymously, whatever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• I don't think anyone should be proud to be fat. It just shows lack of self control which is not a good thing, and it causes heart promblems obesity, diabetes etc, I don't think if your over a size 6 your necessarily fat it depends on the body type of the person and the muscle to fat ratio etc. I lost 43 lbs mostly by eating smaller portions and exercising, etc. I still am in the process of loosing about 15 more lbs, and yes I used to wear a size 6, a size 4 even a size 0. I would like to get back inot a size 6, thats my goal. I know I can get there b/c I can do all things through CHrist who strenthens me.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 11:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I kind of find that offensive. I am a size 8 and by no means am I fat.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 11:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I think calling anything over a size 6 fat is ridiculous. For me, I am too tall for a size six and have been since early high school. There are a lot of factors that go into the size someone wears. I think a better indicator is body mass index. How much weight do you carry around for your frame.

I agree women should be comfortable with their bodies, but some people genuinely do find morbidly obese women attractive. That I don't understand. I see someone that overweight and I am concerned for them and the potential health risks. Especially among mothers, it concerns me about the lifestyle example they set for their kids.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 11:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• If someone thinks that a person over a size six is fat, then I think that person should seek professional counseling. There may be a serious risk of anorexia and/or bulimia in that persons future.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 12:02 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• well i dont like my body i was i was bak dwn to 135 were i was before i had my sencod baby now its just harder to loose the weight
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Ooooh, I just slid into fat then. I wear a 6 or 8, depending on style, but it's just my butt. The rest of me is still slender. I don't see how anyone can be Proud, as you said, to be fat, like it was a goal that they achieved, but rather refusing to feel bad about being fat, which is fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Over a size 6 is fat? That seems like such a low number...wow guess I'm fat..
    shortleo

Answer by shortleo at 11:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• OP
    fat for me would be a size 6
    I understand women have different frames
    I'm lengthy so id have to gain a lot to get to a size 8, but someone with a diff stature could easily fit a size 8
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Yeah, i agree that being fat isnt really a good thing, but a size 6 is not fat at all! Im a size 4 and my mother thinks im anorexic! So, in no way can a size 6 be fat by any means. I'm hoping that was a typo and you maybe meant size 16
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 11:51 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• Size 14- 16 here and I am usually not ashamed. But it hits me occasionally. I tried losing weight for awhile and I dropped two sizes. Then I had a lot of stress and income changes and I gained it back. I am ready to try again when the kids start school and I get my health issues under control. (Docs are looking for cancer right now. I should know by Monday)
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2010