Would you buy unpasteurized milk & unwashed farm eggs if they were cheaper?

There is a big controversy going on right this minute across our country about this very subject. The government wants to stop farmers from selling these types of food & have used police action to stop them from selling to their neighbors & friends.Would you buy from a trust worthy source?

zoolady12

Asked by zoolady12 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2010 in Health

• Milk-- I am not educated on the subject at all so cant really say.
    Eggs -- Gimme Gimme Gimme!!! If they were from a trusted farmer & I knew he treated his chickens well, fed them well & they where healthy I would LOVE to have farm fresh eggs!

I was actually telling hubby today I hate buying Eggs/Milk at the store because you just never know whats in them. How the animals are treated. Or anything like that.. :(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• I have a basket of unwashed eggs sitting in my frig right now ~ from my chickens. I don't wash them until I'm ready to use them. Ma Nature seals them with bloom and I prefer that to a bleach bath that opens the pores and gets in. I also prefer eggs from chickens that eat things like green stuff and bugs ... and that don't need marigolds added to their icky food to make their yolks at least a pale yellow.

I have three bottles (glass) of unpasturized milk and 18 pounds of homemade cheddar in that same frig ... along with butter, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, and even clotted cream that I make from that milk. I pasturize some milk, but never EVER do homogenize. That actually changes the milk, the aminos, the lactaids, and the vitamin counts to something else entirely. Yuck.

My source is my own critters who are healthy, not chemically treated, and eat what they were designed to eat. I don't sell ... too much red tape.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• I dont know if I would buy unpasturized milk but I do eat farm fresh eggs. they dont have all the chemicals that store bought have plus they taste alot better!
    Terri1961

Answer by Terri1961 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2010

• no way. wouldn't take the chance.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 12:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• i grew up with all this being a farm girl that how we ate
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2010

• Actually it is one of life goals to exactly that, from my own farm.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2010